Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Movie Recommendations!

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Automata (2014)

Wish Upon (2017)

smAsh has reacted to this post.
smAsh

thanks.  

Automata is a genre which I do not enjoy (human vs. emergent ai).  This one is pretty good, IMO.  It's got creepy and cute parts, but everybody does a more than competent job.  If you enough the genre, you might really like this one.

WISH UPON: 4.83/ 5.00 stars.  Great performances, and the overall concept of ultra powerful cursed items reminds of Friday the 13th the Series from the 1980s.  I love this genre, and this production.  Wish Upon is highly recommended!

Warm regards,

smash o

Regards, Dan, a. k. a. smAshomAsh

Post a movie!  If your description contains spoilers, TELL US!

Everybody wants more content to watch, so grease their wheels!

Love,

smAsh

Network.  Director, Sidney Lumet's film from the mid 70s becomes relevent once again in this new 2020 era of idiocracy.  This movie won a whole bunch of awards, and of course, Peter Finch's role as Howard Beale is forever in our culture.  Peter Finch died an early death from a heart attack at age 60.  What a great actor. What a great movie.  If you haven't seen it, you should.  

Uploaded files:
  • Network_1976_poster.png
Quote from bojay on August 23, 2020, 9:06 pm

Network.  Director, Sidney Lumet's film from the mid 70s becomes relevent once again in this new 2020 era of idiocracy.  This movie won a whole bunch of awards, and of course, Peter Finch's role as Howard Beale is forever in our culture.  Peter Finch died an early death from a heart attack at age 60.  What a great actor. What a great movie.  If you haven't seen it, you should.  

We rented ($2.99 on Amazon) this on Sunday night and it's 40 years ahead of its time.  The insight was amazing and the relevance to today's mainstream s**tshow disguised as 'news' is quite astounding.  Like many movies from the 1970s, the ending was somewhat unexpected (because back then everybody wasn't angling constantly for franchise sequel/ prequel/ unimaginative cash grabbing nonsense but instead for good art).  Faye Dunaway had a memorable performance, and based on how hyperactive and crazy she behaved- I believe was on considerable cocaine during filming.  

Great film, SUPER relevant and thanks to @bojay for the excellent recommendation.  

@smashostaff, please remind me or post recent movies we've been watching so we can continue to update this thread!  <3

bojay has reacted to this post.
bojay

"10 x 10" - A flick with a twisted turn-of-events. Expect the unexpected...

smAsh has reacted to this post.
smAsh

Dirty O'Neil Poster

It's not safe for work, it's not safe for kids, it's not safe for good taste.  It's the 1974 sexploitation/ action/ crime drama dirty o'neil.  It's actually pretty competent if you can get past the nearly constant sex stuff.  One warning, if you watch this, there's  a protracted rape scene that's incoherent and goes on seemingly forever.  you have been warned.  This movie is weirdly likeable, yet also oddly inappropriate and disturbing. 

More coming soon to movie recommendations, smAsh stAff- get the next one up, would you?

smAshstAff and bojay have reacted to this post.
smAshstAffbojay

Netflix's "Evil" 12-part series is a good one if you'd care to watch something with a twist. It's a particularly good choice during this month of Halloween, when being scared is a most desirable emotion. 

smAshstAff and bojay have reacted to this post.
smAshstAffbojay
Quote from sunny2day on October 8, 2020, 12:31 pm

Netflix's "Evil" 12-part series is a good one if you'd care to watch something with a twist. It's a particularly good choice during this month of Halloween, when being scared is a most desirable emotion. 

Hey!  Respect the forum!  This thread is for movie recommendations.  Evil is a series of some type. 

Alright, we'll let it slide this time...

bojay has reacted to this post.
bojay

Hi forum in the mAsh.  I found an old (new to me) movie I would like to recommend and it's perfect timing for the season.

Society

Directed by Brian Yuzna, famous for a whole bunch of mildly scary horror films of the 80s & 90s and starring soap opera heart throb Billy Warlock (baywatch and a variety of tv gigs). And there is a playboy model Devin DeVasquez in the cast too.    

No spoilers, This is a great movie to watch during pandemic cozied up with your partner, eating wings and drinks.  Very campy, semi-funny,  great with a "wait for it" ending. Without dating myself too much, I enjoyed the old california scenes and ridiculous late 80s style clothing, cars and makeup.  Oh, and there is a generous amount of gratuitous nudity and sex. You can tell by the poster what kind of movie it is.  The tempo is pretty fast with a lot of detail and easy to watch.  I hope you enjoy.  

It's viewable on amazon prime free right now, but as old as it is, it's probably widely available.

Cheers!

Uploaded files:
  • society.jpg
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next