Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Movie Recommendations!

PreviousPage 4 of 4

Meeting Evil (2012) starring Luke Wilson and Samuel Jackson is an action/ horror/ supernatural?  Thriller, and it's very well done.  Without creating any spoilers in this post- I'll say this.  This movie was done almost exactly as I would have done it.  Not to suggest I'm a movie director or producer, but this film is simply astute.  It's scary, you might find yourself in the edge of your seat, and you'll most definitely spend several moments scratching your head.  I wish they'd make a sequel for this, and they could probably even do it with zero reshoots, just footage from the original.  It's rare you'd hear me suggesting a sequel but this movie has potential to be an interesting franchise.  If you want an interesting movie full of action, perhaps check this one out.  It's actually my favorite. Samuel Jackson performance and I always liked Luke Wilson as well.  Let us know if you check it out!  -smAsh

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20201116-144109.png
smAshstAff has reacted to this post.
smAshstAff
Regards, Dan, a. k. a. smAshomAsh

This is one of me and my wife's favorites. Available for $1.99 from various steaming platforms. 

Gardens Of The Night. Runs 2:33  https://youtu.be/qFJ2Ez7_j1U   

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20201117-171310_Chrome.jpg

Fight of Fury (Amazon Prime with ads)

If you want to see an absolutely ridiculous attempt at a film, check this out. If you think this is anything other than pathetic lip service and name dropping to Bruce Lee, think again. I'll have to let this incomprehensible disaster fester for a full day before I can attempt to accurately describe this bizarre 'movie'. It's as if an extraterrestrial entity observed humanity for 4 hours, and thought, 'this is what people do and say.' #shocking #bizarre and embarrassingly & entirely incompetent.

Uploaded files:
  • FB_IMG_1619857297656.jpg
Quote from smAsh on May 1, 2021, 8:22 am

Fight of Fury (Amazon Prime with ads)

If you want to see an absolutely ridiculous attempt at a film, check this out. If you think this is anything other than pathetic lip service and name dropping to Bruce Lee, think again. I'll have to let this incomprehensible disaster fester for a full day before I can attempt to accurately describe this bizarre 'movie'. It's as if an extraterrestrial entity observed humanity for 4 hours, and thought, 'this is what people do and say.' #shocking #bizarre and embarrassingly & entirely incompetent.

Not only is this 'film' an insult to Bruce Lee, and Jeet Kune Do- it's an insult to wisdom.  The idiotic advice that the 'hero' has for various people is as broken as the absurd 'fight' scenes.  The 'protagonist' in this mesmerizingly inane film is as qualified to drop knowledge on life as he is on martial arts.  Lastly the pathetic ending is an homage to the ending of The Chinese Connection (my favorite Bruce Lee movie) which 'sets up' a sequel.  Well we certainly hope there's a sequel to this masturbate-piece.  It'll probably be even more ridiculous than the original.

PreviousPage 4 of 4