Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ask A Particle Physicist Segment

Page 1 of 2Next

Here you may submit questions for our NEW Ask a Particle Physicist Segment.

I've got a pal in Minsk, Belarus who will be answering the questions.  Included are the guidelines.

1) Submit a question about something related to particle physics.

2) Each week, on Wednesday, we'll select one question and by Thursday submit it to our favorite particle physicist.

3) Segment will air on Friday night during the Daily Space Weather Video Show ( daily at 7pm Eastern Time at https://youtube.com/smashomash )

lifeForceRejuvination has reacted to this post.
lifeForceRejuvination
Regards, Dan, a. k. a. smAshomAsh

1) How does the Sun's fusion compare to fusion Tokamak reactors?

2) How can scientists working on fusion achieve temperatures greater than the Sun?

3) Are particle physicists in overall agreement with quantum physicists about dark matter and dark energy or or are there other schools of thought? (Or is that not something particle physicists are concerned with?)

lifeForceRejuvination

I've got some for future reference:

What is mass?

Could we have an explanation of time as a function of kinetic energy, a.k.a. time dilation?

Is there a death vector, where if you stop (relative to the rest of the universe) time speeds up (a.k.a. 'reverse time dilation')?  Time concentration.

lifeForceRejuvination
Quote from Wild Alchemical Spirit on November 27, 2023, 6:14 pm

1) How does the Sun's fusion compare to fusion Tokamak reactors?

2) How can scientists working on fusion achieve temperatures greater than the Sun?

3) Are particle physicists in overall agreement with quantum physicists about dark matter and dark energy or or are there other schools of thought? (Or is that not something particle physicists are concerned with?)

We've selected your question #3 and this will be the basis for the Ask a Particle Physicist Segment on Friday!

robert and Wild Alchemical Spirit have reacted to this post.
robertWild Alchemical Spirit

Here is one for the books. Check this out,  go to my web sight and check out the last service I offer. It is a thing. A very real thing.

lifeforcerejuvenation.com

Peace around Dan.

⚡️✨🧬✨⚡️

Jon Kotowski
Quote from lifeForceRejuvination on December 13, 2023, 12:46 am

Here is one for the books. Check this out,  go to my web sight and check out the last service I offer. It is a thing. A very real thing.

lifeforcerejuvenation.com

Peace around Dan.

⚡️✨🧬✨⚡️

Ew...  Here's my response:

Don't spam the forum.  

I'll submit a question, since you bring up an important point.  

Dear particle physicist,

Should we mute/ kick/ ban spammers, or just move their spam posts to a special forum thread designated just for spam?

Since particle physicists are, like everybody, exposed to extraneous nonsense- where's the line between free speech and prevention of filibuster?

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20231212_195446_Opera-GX.png
lifeForceRejuvination

Hi Eugene

The Enlil spiral shows a curved line between every object and the Sun, referred to as the IMF line

I assume it has something to do with a magnetic connection of some sort. Could you please elucidate on the nature of that connection? What does it consist of, how strong is it, etc?

Much appreciated,

Atmanhotep

Since this is a common claim made on YouTube:

Do CMEs cause volcanoes, and if so, how?

For the viewers, as we approach solar cycle 25 solar maximum, would you please define and explain what each of the lines on this graph ( https://solen.info/solar/polarfields/polar.html ) represents?  

This week's Ask a Particle Physicist Segment is based on this discovery:

https://www.sciencealert.com/bizarre-galaxy-discovered-with-seemingly-no-stars-whatsoever

How can there be a galaxy with no stars but with the rotation and gas associated with a galaxy that HAS stars? 

Page 1 of 2Next