Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Bumblebees can levitate?

So I saw this ridiculous meme on facebook saying that bumblebees can levitate by using the 7.83hz resonance. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217273618849586&set=a.10201752902361374&type=3&theater

I tried to upload the meme, but anyway, I hope you can see the link.

I'm a noob, so now I'm trying to find schumann resonance content and you all know better than I do.  There is a crazy amount of esoteric material out there cluttering up my searches.  

ps.  I still giggle when I say diurnal.  hehe.  Thanks everybody.

Uploaded files:
  • bumblebeeshartimeme.jpg

Moved to General Science Forum.

Bees are levitating on Schumann Resonances?

They aren't.

IF you like we can use this thread to cover bee flight, or Schumann Resonances, but in any case this is not Earth/ Geophysics.  

Thanks for posting, @bojay.  Take this thread any direction you want to.

bojay has reacted to this post.
bojay
Regards, Dan, a. k. a. smAshomAsh

Ok cool.  So how are schumann resonances not earth/geophysics?  It's using the electromagnetic field, the ionosphere and lightening....I'm just learning and now I'm confused.  Oh, and of course bees are not levitating.  Everybody knows that, except my friends on facebook, of course.

I was hoping this topic had already been covered by smAsho mAsh in a previous broadcast or maybe you have a direction I can go to learn more about the concept.  Like I said, my internet search is taking me to places that aren't scientific.  Thanks again!  If I find some good sources today, I'll try to post it here.  Cheers!

Is this nonsense about bees, or about Schumann Irrelevances?  I guess I can move it back to Earth Geophysics, while I debunk claims about Schumann Resonances over and over as I've donepreviously.

Schumann Resonances are Earth/ Geophysics.  They have nothing to do with bee 'levitation'.  How would a weak radio frequency bouncing back and forth between the ionosphere and lithosphere 'levitate' bees?  Bees flap their wings to fly, creating lift above and low pressure below their wings.  Schumann Resonances have nothing to do with much of anything, and bee flight is yet another example.

All planets have their own versions of Shumann Resonances.  It's simply radio frequencies which resonate (like harmonics on a guitar string) inside the atmosphere.  It's simply based on the distance between the lithosphere and ionosphere.  They're a feature of the daily pressure from incoming solar radiation and particle forcing.  They're entirely canceled out around noon, for example, measured in Tomsk time (for all the people who claim it 'affects their health' yet don't know how to calculate Tomsk time vs. their own local time), and are an after- effect of the real inputs on the air column.  I find them not relevant in any way other than a curiosity and I cannot fathom why anybody understanding basic physics would be surprised that there are weak radio signals bouncing around.  

bojay has reacted to this post.
bojay
Regards, Dan, a. k. a. smAshomAsh

http://sosrff.tsu.ru/?page_id=7

I found this website.  Just schumann resonance data, no cultish woo-woo stuff.

added value, it's in Russian. 

Хорошего дня!

(have a good day)

I also found this youtube video to be straight forward informative and interesting.  I did not feel any less intelligent after watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiIoXSvdzCA

Madden Memorial - Smart Rocks and Schumann Resonance, Earle Williams MIT

The smart rocks stuff is pretty interesting too, but that's for another day. Cheers.