Please or Register to create posts and topics.

***April SLAM POETRY Contest***

Page 1 of 2Next

Win a free month of our $3/ month Patreon Intro Tier by winning our slam poetry contest!  Don't allow our Patrons to monopolize our extra content by winning and gifting this to somebody.  Everybody is welcome to participate and more details are yet to be announced.  

The medium we'll use will be varied.  We'll make videos about it later also which will get hosted at http://youtube.com/smashomash by April 30th, a winner will be announced and that winner will get login information for a prize winner account.  Our Patreon URL = http://patreon.com/smashomash

If you aren't familiar with slam poetry, the contest will be in the spirit of a specific type of poetry competition popularized in 1984 Chicago.  Here's an excerpt from wiki:

'

poetry slam is a competition arts event, in which poets perform spoken word poetry before a live audience and a panel of judges. Culturally, poetry slams are a break with the past image of poetry as an elitist or rigid art form. While formats can vary, slams are often loud and lively, with audience participation, cheering and dramatic delivery. Hip-hop music and urban culture are strong influences, and backgrounds of participants tend to be diverse.

Poetry slams began in Chicago in 1984, with the first slam competition designed to move poetry recitals from academia to a popular audience. American poet Marc Smith, believing the poetry scene at the time was "too structured and stuffy", began experimenting by attending open microphone poetry readings, and then turning them into slams by introducing the element of competition.[1]

The performances at a poetry slam are judged as much on enthusiasm and style as content, and poets may compete as individuals or in teams. The judging is often handled by a panel of judges, typically five, who are usually selected from the audience. Sometimes the poets are judged by audience response.[2]' -source wikipedia.org ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetry_slam )

This forum will be the primary posting location, so all entries will need to register at http://smashomash.com/forum in order to post on our forum).  

Entries posted on this forum thread will be the basis for which we (and a yet to be announced, skilled, volunteer judge) judge the slam poetry entries.  

Entrants are welcome to use video hosting platforms, instagram, facebook and other social media as long as those posts are also shared here!  So drop us a line, and remember- slam poetry is all about being over the top, silly, and performance art based.  There are not many other rules, other than that winner will get a month of Patreon Intro Tier benefits through May as a prize for submitting the top judged slam poem.  

_____
'One of the more interesting end products (to me, at least) of this constant shifting is that poets in the slam always worry that something—a style, a project, a poet—will become so dominant that it will kill the scene, but it never does. Ranting hipsters, freestyle rappers, bohemian drifters, proto-comedians, mystical shamans and gothy punks have all had their time at the top of the slam food chain, but in the end, something different always comes along and challenges the poets to try something new.[20]' source- wikipedia.org

_____

Atmanhotep has reacted to this post.
Atmanhotep
Regards, Dan, a. k. a. smAshomAsh

Hey fools,

do you think it's cool.

To be listening to nonsense from which snake oil salesmen drool?

YouTube pays, for what a fearmonger say,

stupidity and ignorance, what's your fraud defense?

Is it just a happenstance, our Patrons knew all of this in advance? <drops mic>

Atmanhotep, Mary Wright and Freelife Tas have reacted to this post.
AtmanhotepMary WrightFreelife Tas

Now it begins,

will you submit some gear and win?

Will you live in fear, and check in,

to put your ear to the rail, will your poetry

fail to amuse?  Who views?  Don't lose!  Now you...

People aren't free,

but the Patreon membership is.

We encourage you to write,

that's free too, has your governor yet 'freed' you?

Do you need to get permission,

or will you ask for forgiveness?

Do you make it happen, 

or are you too concerned with receiving free s**t?

Rap battle 

Atmanhotep vs Fauci

To any beat you like

Fauci, you's a silly fuck

Out here making 4 hundred thousand bucks

Know you've got a few stocks,

Too, know all I need to know about you 

I know you shot up saline morphine, dude

Parading your lying ass on TV

As if you gave a fuck about me

Fauci, I wanna see you come down 

Say this, then contradict 

Like some kind of fucking hypocrite 

clown, don't care if you bring it all down 

I hope to see it all come around 

Let's see some accountability already, 

you ready wretch, you leave a stench 

Get up on stage with your fake-ass face

Everything about you's a fucking disgrace 

I'm gonna lace this whole place up

when I lyrically string ya

up on a cross, like you was the Christ

Motherfucker,

learn to lie better 

Can hardly even believe 

when I see a compliant peep

out on the street 

wearing two masks, except when they eat

or sleep (I hope) 

But I'll need another beat

to even try to bring it to these freaks...

✌☮

smAsh, Mary Wright and Freelife Tas have reacted to this post.
smAshMary WrightFreelife Tas

We have one to enter,

Will he win,

Or will a dissenter 

Step in...?

No buttering up the judges,

We don't fudge this.

If you don't enter,

You'll definitely,

Get bubkis.

Mary Wright and Freelife Tas have reacted to this post.
Mary WrightFreelife Tas

https://youtu.be/CihmFK_vg_I

Nicop Records

Hip hop/ trap instrumental beats mix 2019

23:44 - 26:39

A challenge to weak minds that don't know how to rhyme

Lacking the skill to craft up a few lines? 

Can't make the time to make use of your mind?

Accept the slam challenge or get slammed by life

Nothing is given to the fearful 

but a homely little hovel and a shovel, 

to dig up a little meaning

Maybe uncover a reason for being

If it's a challenge that you're fleeing

then your life will be fleeting

you by

Days pass by with a sigh, 

might as well just get high...

Karma loves an active hand, be a woman

be a man

Make a plan or say goodbye 

If you step on this stage you're a winner

not of the prize, but of my respect

or maybe a chicken dinner that you buy for yourself

Either way, life is a play

Or would you prefer some other way? 

Life, a serious, constant struggle

or

Life, l'opportunity to juggle 

if not lit torches, at least some verbage 

have some courage

find your purpose

Life loves the fearless

who live regardless

smAsh, Mary Wright and Freelife Tas have reacted to this post.
smAshMary WrightFreelife Tas

fit spray bell medical rake overconfident splendid vegetable shy bounce matter sock

For dogecoin wallet said to put in a place only I will remember and so it is done.

○°| Making the world obvious in not so obvious ways connecting patterns and associating Aincent pasts gods as symbolic personification of very complex ideals in physics, atomics, cosmology etc. Taking folklore and learning the subtext the esoterical data preserved in the complex nature like intentional to keep the memory alive over many many many generations. Data is gathered sometimes through a process of creative writing where I'm pretend to believe that unimportant information is vital and relevant and use overactive imagination to understand various outcomes that lead to ultimately accurate conclusions and new ideals no one has considered. Sometimes this process I call being creatively precautious. As you are aware but not simultaneously it's a near manic but not emotional state that's helps me with my esoterical portion of my bestowic behavior. Information metadata seemingly not yet important but truly underlying geometrical and core structure of messages and symbols are relevant. ●•|

Lenr thoughts 

Outerspaced Standard Model 

Peptobismal into platinum 

Transmutnationalist Concubine 

Doing nar rot tics , sorry Styx 

Time Money and pinned pricks 

Pushing Syds Politics har-de-har broke my cavilard

best to tow (eye-speed of light)

Stratovarius Sirius 

Sami sweds shaman stretched skins struck stereotypes stolen sestemically silly solo stars

Sparks plugs transduculear trains comuteism

Is it then Gary newman and iran this syrian cavilar safe mIsrael nuclard 

Twisted demethalization tied to telmerkahbah tipler cylinderps. 

Light the kerr blacks whole race is twist.

XRP in Kronos curled cabal knows mai o my.

Die Nye the stye guy 

Benedicted to bashing big Ben day vid suns.

Soular data archiving microsystematical for lay turd phrase of dune to soon? Not even noon. METAPoet. 

Just for fun. C u Next Tyme. Kumallah.

Atmanhotep and Freelife Tas have reacted to this post.
AtmanhotepFreelife Tas
○°| Making the world obvious in not so obvious ways connecting patterns and associating Aincent pasts gods as symbolic personification of very complex ideals in physics, atomics, cosmology etc. Taking folklore and learning the subtext the esoterical data preserved in the complex nature like intentional to keep the memory alive over many many many generations. Data is gathered sometimes through a process of creative writing where I'm pretend to believe that unimportant information is vital and relevant and use overactive imagination to understand various outcomes that lead to ultimately accurate conclusions and new ideals no one has considered. Sometimes this process I call being creatively precautious. As you are aware but not simultaneously it's a near manic but not emotional state that's helps me with my esoterical portion of my bestowic behavior. Information metadata seemingly not yet important but truly underlying geometrical and core structure of messages and symbols are relevant. ●•|

Give and recieve 

Give 20% to your government you get infrastructure moderation of corporations and national security to secure your freedom.

Give 10% to your church because everyone else does and it makes you feel good. 

Give to the local cookie sales girl.

Give to the homeless at the streetlight.

Let that milk spoil you knew you didn't need a whole gallon but just incase.

You have to make sure rent is paid better yet that car payment.

And some reason you need to do something as to set money aside in event as to something we're to happen to the not yet your car and the loan needs to be paid off.  Or you do damages or recieve damages and injuries.

You pay this electricity and also the water too.

You must enroll to that expensive gym membership you hardly attend but don't feel like canceling.

You buy junk by the checkout.

You spend money on imaginary video game currency on your phone.

You buy drugs to make you healthy or sometimes unhealthy happy or sometimes unhappy. 

You buy that expensive item at thrift shop think you can sell it on eBay. But you can't. 

You Can't pay 3 dollars a month so you must win this competition. 

Atmanhotep and Freelife Tas have reacted to this post.
AtmanhotepFreelife Tas
Page 1 of 2Next